B.Sc. MLT Program
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology
KIST Medical College provides world-class infrastructure and facilities along with a well-designed curriculum flexible around the latest technological advancements and will be flexible to cater the students’ need for a rapid career advancement.
Clinical Laboratory Science is one of the important areas in Health Sciences, which supports the clinicians by providing laboratory test evidences in the treatment of patients. The goal of this program is to produce clinical laboratory experts who are academically sound, technically skilled and fully capable of performing various clinical laboratory tests with quality control as well as interpretation of the results.
- To produce well skilled, passionate manpower in the sector of medicinal laboratory to strengthen the efficiency of medicinal laboratory.
- To perform various routine regarding the investigations on both clinical as well as non-clinical matters.
- Produce the manpower that can operate the research shell in zonal, national level.
- To perform the managerial jobs, supervision of the quality controls over the periodic submission of the laboratory result.
- To assist in interpreting the results and principles of either of the investigation.
- Study and strengthen the existing Medical Laboratory Science practices in the private and public institutions through continuous education and training programs.
Competent to provide Curative services.
Competent to provide Preventive services.
Competent to work as a manager.
Competent to handle medico-legal problems.
The first phase is of two year’s duration during which period anatomy; physiology, biochemistry, microbiology; pathology, and pharmacology are taught as integrated basic medical science subjects. Dental subjects include Dental Materials Science, Oral Biology, Community dentistry, Pre-clinical Prosthodontics & Preclinical Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Pre-clinical Orthodontics & Pedodontics.
The second phase is of one year during which includes major clinical teaching and postings. All dental subjects are taught along with General Medicine, General Surgery including Anesthesiology. The final phase comprises of one and half year duration and during this period clinical posting in Prosthodontics, Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics, Orthodontics, Oral and maxillofacial Surgery, Pedodontics, Periodontics, Community Dentistry is conducted. University Final Exams are conducted twice during this phase.
Eligibility criteria for B.Sc. MLT Tribhuvan University
I. Passed 10+2 Science (Biology Group) or Equivalent securing at least 50% separately in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with 50% aggregate in total marks OR Secured at least C+ grade separately in Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least C grade in remaining individual subjects along with GPA 2.4 OR Secured the Percentage equivalent to above eligibility in regards to the certificate level programs (A-Level) with different grading system.
Secured at least 50% separately in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with 50% aggregate in total marks both in Diploma and the Examination for Equivalence. AND
Registered in respective council i.e. Nepal Health Professional Council (NHPC) or Nepal Pharmacy Council or Nepal Ayurvedic Medical Council.
- In order to pass the integrated admission process, a minimum of 50 percent marks should be obtained.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.